Last updated March 2017
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we collect include:
- names, job titles, contact and address details
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- information about your employer
- information about your hardware devices
- your contact preferences
- photos provided by you
- any feedback that you provide to us about our products and services, our website, or other matter
2. HOW WE COLLECT AND MANAGE PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 How we collect personal information
Generally we collect your personal information from you directly (for example, when we deal with you in person or over the phone, when you send us correspondence (including via email), when you use our software, complete a questionnaire, form or survey, when you subscribe to our publications or when you use our website or our social media.
Sometimes it may be necessary for us to collect your personal information from a third party. For example, we may collect your personal information from your employer where they are our client.
2.2 Where you provide us with personal information about someone else
2.3 Holding personal information
Zuuse will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- limiting physical access to our premises
- limiting access to the information we collect about you
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure; and
- putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards
2.4 Purpose for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information
Zuuse collects, holds and uses personal information for a number of purposes including:
- to provide technology services and solutions
- to provide professional services
- to respond to requests or queries
- to maintain contact with our clients and other contacts to keep our clients and other contacts informed of our services and industry developments
- to notify of seminars and other events
- to verify your identity
- for administrative purposes
- for purposes relating to the employment of our personnel
- when engaging service providers, contractors or suppliers relating to the operation of our business
- to manage any conflict of interest or independence (including auditor independence) obligations or situations
- to conduct surveys
- for seeking your feedback
- to meet any regulatory obligations
- as part of an actual (or proposed) acquisition, disposition, merger or de-merger of a business (including Zuuse’s business) or entering into an alliance, joint venture or referral arrangement or
- to perform internal statistical analysis, including of our databases and website
- for any other business related purposes.
If you do not provide us with the personal information we have requested, we may not be able to complete or fulfil the purpose for which such information was collected, including providing you or our clients with the services we were engaged to perform.
The types of third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information include:
- experts or other third parties contracted as part of an engagement
- our agents, contractors and external service providers, including cloud providers
- our professional advisers
- as part of an engagement, if you are a customer, an employee, a contractor or supplier of services to one of our clients, then we may disclose your personal information as part of providing services to that client
- as part of an actual (or proposed) acquisition, disposition, merger or de-merger of a business (including Zuuse’s business) or to enter into an alliance, joint venture or referral arrangement or
- government or regulatory bodies or agencies, as part of an engagement or otherwise, (for example, the Australian Taxation Office).
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to send marketing material to you. However, we may share non personal, de-identified or aggregated information with them for research purposes.
2.5 Disclosure of personal information overseas
Depending on the nature of the engagement or circumstances of collection, we may disclose your personal information to entities overseas to fulfil the purpose for which the personal information was collected, or a related or ancillary purpose or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act. The countries to which such disclosures are made, and types of personal information disclosed, depend on the specific circumstances of the engagement.
We may also store, process or back-up your personal information on servers that are located overseas (including through third party service providers).
3. DIRECT MARKETING
Zuuse may also use your personal information for the purpose of marketing its services. If you do not want to receive marketing material from us, you can contact us as detailed below.
4. PRIVACY ON OUR WEBSITES
4.1 Automatic collection of personal information
Cookies, web beacons and other technologies are used by Zuuse and its service providers on some Zuuse websites and through email to automatically collect certain types of information. The collection of this information allows us to customise your online experience, improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of Zuuse’s online presence and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing activities.
4.1.1 IP address
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet. It allows computers and servers to recognise and communicate with one another. Public IP addresses from which visitors appear to originate may be recorded for IT security and system diagnostic purposes. This information may also be used in aggregate form to conduct web site trend and performance analysis.
Cookies may be placed on your computer or internet-enabled device whenever you visit us online. This allows the site to remember your computer or device and serves a number of purposes.
Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can choose whether or not to accept cookies via your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu). You may also delete cookies from your device at any time. However, please be aware that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to fully experience some of our web sites’ features.
Cookies by themselves do not tell us your email address or otherwise identify you personally. In our analytical reports, we may obtain other identifiers including public IP addresses, but this is for the purpose of identifying the number of unique visitors to our web sites and geographic origin of visitor trends, and not to identify individual visitors.
4.1.3 Web beacons
A web beacon is a small image file on a web page that can be used to collect certain information from your computer, such as an IP address, the time the content was viewed, a browser type, and the existence of cookies previously set by the same server.
Zuuse or its service providers may use web beacons to track the effectiveness of third party web sites that provide us with recruiting or marketing services or to gather aggregate visitor statistics and manage cookies.
You have the option to render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. The web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address but cookie information will not be recorded.
In some of our newsletters and other communications, we may monitor recipient actions such as email open rates through embedded links within the messages. We collect this information to gauge user interest and to enhance future user experiences.
4.1.4 Location-based tools
Zuuse may collect and use the geographical location of your computer or mobile device. This location data is collected for the purpose of providing you with information regarding services which we believe may be of interest to you based on your geographic location, and to improve our location-based products and services.
4.1.5 Social media widgets and applications
Zuuse web sites may include functionality to enable sharing via third party social media applications, such as the Facebook Like button and Twitter widget. These social media applications may collect and use information regarding your use of Zuuse web sites. Any personal information that you provide via such social media applications may be collected and used by other members of that social media application and such interactions are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide the application. We do not have control over, or responsibility for, those companies or their use of your information.
In addition, Zuuse web sites may host blogs, forums, crowd-sourcing and other applications or services (collectively “social media features”). The purpose of social media features is to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and content. Any personal information that you provide on any Zuuse social media feature may be shared with other users of that social media feature (unless otherwise stated at the point of collection), over whom we may have limited or no control.
4.2 Links to third party websites
Zuuse also does not endorse, approve or recommend the services or products provided on third party websites.
If you wish to make a complaint you should let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer (see below for contact details).
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US
National Privacy Officer
22/36 Agnes Street
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006